Charlie Sheen sent to rehab after assault case

Charlie Sheen sent to rehab after assault case

American actor Charlie Sheen has been sentenced to 30 days in rehab after pleading guilty to assault in a domestic violence case.

Under a plea agreement reached with prosecutors in Aspen, the 44-year-old actor also agreed to three months probation and 36 hours of domestic violence counselling.

Charlie's wife, Brooke Mueller Sheen, had reported the assault, which took place during argument on Christmas Day 2009.

Asked to enter a plea in the courtroom, Charlie told the judge: "Guilty as charged your honour." When asked why that had been his response, the dad-of-five said: "Because I am guilty."

The deal, which saw other charges dropped in exchange for the guilty plea, will allow Charlie to continue work on his sitcom, Two and a Half Men.

In a statement released following sentencing, the New York-born star said: "I am very grateful to the people of Pitkin County. I look forward to complying with the court's decision, getting on with my life and putting this behind me."

His lawyer added: "Charlie's got a great sentence, and I am privileged to have been able to do this for him."

Charlie and Brooke, a real estate investor, married on May 30 2008, and in March of last year welcomed twins Bob and Max.

He is also dad to daughters Lola and Sam from his marriage to Denise Richards, and to his first child Cassandra.

Photo: ę Getty Images

Tuesday August 3, 2010

Previous News In Pictures:

MORE NEWS IN PICTURES
´╗┐

Follow us on

´╗┐

News in pictures

´╗┐

Suggestions

´╗┐
´╗┐