Seve Ballesteros on first public outing since surgery

Seve Ballesteros on first public outing since surgery

Spanish golf legend Seve Ballesteros looked as if he was well on the road to recovery during his first public appearance since undergoing life-saving brain surgery at the end of last year.
 
It was clearly an emotional moment for the sports star as he acknowledged with a smile a standing ovation from 15,000 football fans at a local match in Santander, northern Spain on Sunday night.  
 
The 51-year-old golfer, who was watching his favourite football team Racing Santander in action at the team's stadium, said he felt grateful to have made such a good recovery. "I'm alive, I can do things, I speak, I can reason. I have had a lot of luck," he said last week.
 
Seve underwent four operations after being diagnosed with a brain tumour last October.

Photo: © PA

Tuesday May 5, 2009

Previous News In Pictures:

MORE NEWS IN PICTURES


Follow us on



News in pictures



Suggestions