Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne recover from house fire

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne recover from house fire

Rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon have been left shaken after trying to tackle a fire that broke out at their family's home in Beverly Hills.

Ozzy was already suffering with an injured hand when he tried to put out the blaze, singeing his trademark long hair in the process.

On TV show The Talk, Sharon described the event in detail. "My eyes are stinging an my throat's closing up… something weird smelling in here, then my dogs start to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room – the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."

She continued: "I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone.

"And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all."

Firefighters, who Sharon joked were "gorgeous", quickly attended and extinguished the blaze. She later tweeted her thanks, writing: "I want to say Thank You to everyone at the Beverly Hills Fire Department for coming to our aid and taking such good care of us this morning."

Photo: © Getty

Friday January 18, 2013

Previous News In Pictures:

MORE NEWS IN PICTURES


Follow us on



News in pictures



Suggestions