Chicken satays with sun-dried tomatoes
If using wooden skewers, presoak in cold water for at least 20 minutes before using as this prevents them burning during cooking
15 JULY 2009
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1kg/2¼lb chicken breast fillets
- 200g/7oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 bottle Nando’s Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Marinade, or Nando’s Hot Peri-Peri Marinade, if preferred
- 2 tbsp warmed honey
- Fresh basil leaves, shredded
Cut each chicken breast fillet into thin strips and weave onto small skewers with the sun-dried tomatoes in between each section of chicken.
Mix the marinade, honey and basil leaves together and pour over the chicken. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for several hours, preferably overnight.
Cook the chicken on a mediumhot barbecue or flat plate for 5-6 minutes on each side, turning often until thoroughly cooked.
Serve straight away with a dip of plain yoghurt mixed with chopped cucumber, a pinch of cumin and 1tsp of Nando’s Hot Peri-Peri Marinade.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic