Swedish smorgas with potato salad
The addition of apple to the salad is unusual but works well with the fish
22 OCTOBER 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the potato salad
For the Swedish Smörgås
- 500g potatoes, 1cm diced
- 50g mayonnaise
- 50g crème fraîche
- 25ml double cream
- ½ tbsp chopped dill
- 1 eating apple, grated
- ½ leek, finely sliced
- Salad leaves 8 slices buttered crusty bread
- 2 x Hot Smoked Salmon fillets, flaked
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until tender, drain and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, cream and dill. Mix the potatoes with the apple and leek and stir in the mayonnaise mixture, stir well to coat and season to taste.
Place a little salad on each of the bread slices, top with some potato salad. Place smoked salmon on top and sprinkle over the chopped celery and a little chopped dill to garnish. Serve with extra potato salad.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic