Lamb chops with U-Mamma! Grapes
Marmite adds the umami flavour in this intriguing recipe from Laura Santini's Easy Tasty Italian
02 NOVEMBER 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 lamb cutlets or chops
- 20g rosemary, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed
- olive oil
For the U-Mamma! Grapes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 80g unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 generous tsp meat extract (such as Marmite)
- 800g large green seedless grapes, halved
- splash of dry white wine
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Mix the lamb with the rosemary, garlic and a dousing of olive oil, and leave to infuse, ideally overnight.
For the U-mamma! Grapes, sauté the onion in the butter with the rosemary until soft and golden. Add the meat extract and grapes, and stir together. Splash with the wine and turn up the heat until the alcohol has evaporated, stirring gently. Adjust the seasoning and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan, season the chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and grill on both sides until cooked to taste, I like my lamb pink in the middle, yielding but not too squidgy! If your grill pan can only take 4 at a time, preheat the oven to a very low heat, so that you can leave chops in it to rest as you cook the others.
Serve the lamb topped with the grapes.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic