Roast pumpkin soup with blue cheese
Jose uses Picos Blue with this soup, but Stilton or Gorgonzola make good alternatives.
03 DECEMBER 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
- 1 rosemary sprig
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 slices of bread
- 200g blue cheese, Picos Blue or similar
Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
Take a baking tray and, using your hands, mix together the pumpkin chunks, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper thoroughly. You want the pumpkin nicely coated with oil to ensure that it browns evenly. Spread out in a single layer on the tray.
Put the vegetables into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the pumpkin has started to caramelise round the edges.
Once cooked, remove the garlic and the rosemary before decanting the vegetables into a large pan. Add the stock, then bring to a gentle boil and let it bubble for 5 minutes to blend the flavours. Purée the soup using a hand blender and adjust the seasoning.
Toast or fry the bread. Ladle out the soup into four warmed bowls. Crumble the cheese onto the toast, then gently float the slices on the soup and serve immediately.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic