This simple delicious dish makes a perfect Italian supper
21 DECEMBER 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
For the dough
For the filling
- 400g flour (the Italians usually use typo00 or DoubleO)
- 4 eggs
- 1 kg ricotta
- 300g spinach, boiled and chopped
- 300g parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- a little nutmeg
- salt and pepper for the sauce
- 80 melted butter
- sage leaves
- grated parmesan cheese
Mix the flour with whole eggs, a pinch of salt and enough water to bring it together.
Knead the dough until smooth and let rest.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients listed.
Roll out the pasta dough into a thin sheet and divide into strips about 8cm wide and cut into squares.
Hold each piece with the left hand while you place a walnut-size piece of the filling in the middle and fold the dough with the right closing the tortello (pasta over pasta) as to form a braid and close the two tails (each end). The pasta must be folded well so as not to let the filling out.
Cook the tortelli in plenty of salted boiling water until they come to the surface. Drain. Arrange in individual dishes and season with melted butter, sage and grated parmesan cheese, or, alternatively, with tomato or mushroom (ceps/porcini) sauce.
A serving per person is 12 tortelli.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic