Green tea, tofu, noodle and cress soup
This substantial vegetarian soup is packed full of tasty goodness. A bowlful for lunch will keep you going right through to suppertime
08 JULY 2010
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 PureTea Green tea bags
- 4cm/1½in piece root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 150g/5oz egg noodles
- 300g/11oz silken tofu, drained and cubed
- 150g/5oz pak choi or spring greens, shredded
- 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red or white miso paste (preferably not sweet)
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Sea salt and ground white pepper
- ½ tsp chilli pepper, handful of shiso (Japanese basil) and mustard cress, to garnish
Put 1.2ltr/2pt water in a saucepan with the green tea bags and ginger and heat until the water is about to bubble. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet and drain.
Remove the tea infusion from the heat and steep for 4 minutes, then discard the tea bags but not the ginger.
Return the pan to the hob and add the tofu, pak choi and soy sauce. Cook over a low heat for 4 minutes. Mix some of the liquid with the miso paste. Pour back into the soup, along with the sesame oil and spring onions, and heat through. Season with salt and white pepper.
Divide the noodles into bowls, pour over the soup and garnish with the chilli powder, basil and mustard cress.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic