Poached Thai tilapia with jasmine rice
06 OCTOBER 2010
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 whole tilapia, gutted, cleaned and descaled (ask the fish counter to do this for you)
- 1 tbsp oil 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2-3 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 150g Thai jasmine rice
Make 3 slits in each side of the tilapia and season.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pepper, Thai curry paste, the ginger and 2 tbsp of the coconut milk for 30 seconds. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and milk. Add the tilapia and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Turn the tilapia over and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until the flesh is cooked.
Meanwhile cook the rice according to the pack instructions and drain.
Remove the tilapia and set aside, bring the sauce to the boil and cook for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
Serve the tilapia on top of the rice and pour over the sauce.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic