Ready-made chilli jam is perfect to add a kick to white meats or fish, like these tasty prawn skewers with lime
10 FEBRUARY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1½ tsp Tracklements Chilli Jam
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cracked black pepper
- 24 raw prawns, peeled
- Handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Mixed salad leaves and lime wedges, to serve
Put 6 wooden skewers in cold water to soak for at least 20 minutes to prevent them from burning during cooking. At the same time, mix the Chilli Jam, garlic, lime juice and pepper in a bowl, add the prawns and stir well to coat thoroughly. Cover with clingfilm and leave for 20 minutes.
Preheat the grill to hot. When you are ready to cook, thread 4 prawns onto each skewer, arrange them on the grill rack and cook under a very hot grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once and basting with the marinade.
Arrange 3 skewers on each plate, pile some dressed salad leaves alongside and sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic