As an alternative, use white or wholemeal bread mix or pizza mix, and sliced leftover sausages instead of bacon or ham
23 FEBRUARY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 250g/9oz mixed-grain bread mix
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 flat mushrooms, wiped, peeled and sliced
- 75g/3oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 slices smoked back bacon or ham, chopped
Prepare the bread mix according to the packet instructions, then knead into a smooth dough. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then knead again and roll out to a 28cm/11½in circle. Place on a lightly greased baking tray, cover with clingfilm, then leave in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Spread the tomato purée over the pizza base. Top with the sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and grated cheese, then make 4 wells in the topping using the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each.
Finally, scatter over the bacon and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic