Wild mushroom with chicken, crispy pancetta and spinach
Try watercress as an equally tasty alternative to spinach in this easy nutritious dish
10 MARCH 2011
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 x 175g/6oz chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/4oz pancetta cubes
- 1 x 190g jar Sacla Wild Mushroom Sauce for Risotto
- 200g/7oz risotto rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Large knob of butter (about 20g/¾oz)
- 50g/2oz ready-prepared baby spinach leaves
- Few shavings Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F. Gas 5.
Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil then season and roast in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Add the pancetta for the last 6-8 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the risotto sauce in a large saucepan and add the rice, stock cube and 600ml/1pt of boiling water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until creamy but the rice still has some bite.
When the meat is cooked, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing. Drain the pancetta on kitchen paper before crumbling.
Stir the butter into the risotto then season well and add the chicken and spinach leaves.
To serve, divide between 2 warmed bowls and scatter over the Parmesan and pancetta.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic