Gizzi Erskine's Indian scrambled eggs
I use free-range eggs in this dish that takes just 2 minutes to create
14 APRIL 2011
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp butter ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green or red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Pinch salt
- 2 warm chapatis, to serve
Heat the ghee or oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and cook for 20 seconds. Stir in the chilli, spring onions and pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
Meanwhile, lightly whisk together the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt until all the ingredients are just combined. Add the egg mixture to the pan and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds.
Stir with a wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again.
Repeat until the eggs are softly set and still slightly runny in places then remove from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking.
Give a final stir and serve immediately with warm chapatis.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic