Baked pollock with Macadamia crumb and braised fennel, tomato and caper dressing
10 MAY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 6 cherry tomatoes deseeded
- 20g capers
- 4 fillets sea bream
- 20g flat leaf parsley chopped
- 40g whole roasted macadamia nuts
- 80g chopped macadamia nuts
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 30g finely chopped shallots
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 70ml white wine vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
Cut the fennel lengthways through the root, trim out the tough core.
Place the fennel into a small oven proof dish add the capers, lemon juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place into an oven 180°C/350f gas 4 for approx 30 minutes, check after twenty to see if it is softening, once cooked keep warm and reserve.
Deseed the tomatoes and quarter, chop the parsley.
To make the crumb mix chop macadamia nuts and mix with the breadcrumbs and half the chopped parsley, season as well. Coat the fish fillets in the crumb mix and drizzle a little oil over. Bake in an oven at 180°C for approx 10 minutes.
To serve, spoon some of the cooked fennel and capers, add the tomatoes, place the fish on top and add some of the cooking liquor over and around the dish.
Finally add some whole roasted macadamia nuts to add flavour and another texture to the dish.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic