King prawn and mango curry
25 MAY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the curry
For the cumin-spiced basmati rice
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Alphonso mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp medium chilli powder
- 500g raw king prawns, thawed if frozen
- 200ml Rubicon Mango Drink
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 300g basmati rice
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves, torn into pieces
Put the rice on to cook in a pan of lightly salted boiling water and leave to cook for about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, start the curry. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion for 4-5 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the garlic, ginger, mango, cardamom and cinnamon stick and cook gently for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the turmeric and chilli powder, then add the prawns and Rubicon Mango Drink. Simmer for 5 minutes.
When the rice is almost cooked, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the cumin seeds, cloves and bay leaves. Fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
Drain the rice thoroughly and add it to the frying pan, stirring to coat in the spice mixture. Season the prawns with a little salt and stir in the coriander.
Serve with the rice.
- Please note, all comments are those of readers and do not represent the opinion of Hellomagazine.com
- Hellomagazine.com reserves the right to remove comments it considers offensive or not relevant
- Please focus on the topic