Dish type: Dessert
Preparation and cooking time: Serves: 12
190g Dark chocolate
190g Butter (unsalted)
250g Caster sugar
3 Free range medium eggs
115g Plain flour
1 Pack cooked beetroot
1. Turn your oven to 180 / Gas Mark 4, and grease your brownie tin
2. Melt your chocolate and butter in a heavy based saucepan over a low heat stirring gently.
3. Whisk your eggs and sugar until thick and pale.
4. Drain your beetroot into a bowl.
5. Add the juice to the sugar and egg mix.
6. Dice your beetroot into chunks of about 1cm x 1cm, this is the perfect size so that you get at least a couple in each brownie!
7. Slowly add the melted chocolate to your batter mixture before adding in the flour and beetroot chunks.
8. With a wooden spoon make sure that all the flour at the bottom of the bowl has been mixed in.
9. Transfer to your greased tin and bake for 20–25mins. The top of the brownie will become firm and slightly paler when cooked. It’s a fine line between gooey and dry brownies!
10. Place in a cool place as soon as removed from the oven to stop the cooking.