Beyoncé Knowles has revealed in a statement that her sister Solange and her husband, Jay Z, "have both apologised to each other" following their altercation in a lift.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," reads the statement.
Beyoncé and Jay Z have broken their silence over the video drama It continues: "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologised to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
The statement comes after The Standard Hotel confirmed that it has identified and fired the employee who leaked the security camera clip of Solange Knowles' scuffle with Jay Z.
A statement issued on behalf of by Beyoncé Knowles, Jay Z and Solange Knowles said the family were moving forward
In a statement, the New York establishment said the person responsible for leaking the much-talked about footage had been terminated for "breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video."
TMZ posted the three-minute video on Monday. It shows Solange attacking Jay Z inside a Standard Hotel lift in the presence of sister Beyoncé Knowles.
Immediately after the clip was first aired, the hotel said it was "shocked and disappointed" by the security breach.