George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin’s wedding weekend in Venice was about as lavish as they come, right down to the cocktails.
In honour of the festivities – and using George and best man Rande Gerber’s own Casamigos Reposado – Hotel Cipriani’s Walter Bolzonella blended a tequila cocktail as perfect as the couple at hand.
Take a little piece of the happy couple’s glamorous affair home with this tangy and refreshing cocktail.
Recipe by: Walter Bolzonella
- 1 ½ parts Casamigos Reposado
- 1 ⅓ parts cranberry juice
- 3 to 4 drops of Angostura Bitters
- ½ an unpeeled lime, diced into small pieces
- ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 strip cucumber peel
- 1 slice of fresh ginger, peeled
- sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a chilled mixing glass or cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds. Strain contents into a rocks glass. Serve with ice flakes and garnish with a lime wheel. Add ice and elderflower liqueur and shake vigorously. Pour mixture into champagne glass and garnish with fresh flowers.