- 6 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup finely grated smoked mozzarella
- ½ cup finely grated Gruyère
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the onions, cut-side up, in a greased baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 90 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Combine the cream, thyme, mustard and cheeses and spoon over the onions. Bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the onions are golden.