Julie Montagu, aka the Flexi Foodie, shares her recipe for a healthy and delicious Cranberry Sauce you can serve up this Christmas!
300g fresh cranberries
120ml orange juice
115g of coconut palm sugar
120ml of water
Juice and zest of one orange
3-4 tbsps of honey or to taste (optional) if you want even sweeter!
1. Put the cranberries, orange juice, coconut palm sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Stir constantly over medium heat until the cranberries start to burst (about 10-15 minutes).
3. Reduce to a simmer then pour in the orange juice and zest into the cranberry mixture.
4. Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat. Add in the honey if you'd like it a bit sweeter.
5. Cool completely and place in fridge for a couple of hours before serving!