Julie Montagu, aka the Flexi Foodie, shares her recipe for a healthy and delicious Cranberry Sauce you can serve up this Christmas!
300g fresh cranberries120ml orange juice115g of coconut palm sugar120ml of waterJuice and zest of one orange3-4 tbsps of honey or to taste (optional) if you want even sweeter!
1. Put the cranberries, orange juice, coconut palm sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Stir constantly over medium heat until the cranberries start to burst (about 10-15 minutes).
3. Reduce to a simmer then pour in the orange juice and zest into the cranberry mixture.
4. Simmer 10-15 minutes and remove from heat. Add in the honey if you'd like it a bit sweeter.
5. Cool completely and place in fridge for a couple of hours before serving!