Masterchef: The Professionals winner and head chef at Michel Roux Jr's restaurant in London's Parliament Square Steve Groves brings us a selection of mouth-watering recipes using the native delights of British asparagus and rhubarb to help inspire us to use homegrown produce. For more delicious asparagus and rhubarb recipes from Steve Groves, pick up your issue of HELLO!, out now.
Asparagus, Jersey Royals, Scallops and Marmite Butter
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
MORE: See all of our latest recipes here
• 20 small Jersey Royal potatoes, scrubbed
• 20 asparagus spears
• Sunflower oil, for searing
• 8 large scallops
• 150g/5oz unsalted butter, diced
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
• 1 lemon
• 1 tsp Marmite
• ½ tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cook the Jersey Royals in a pan of lightly salted water until tender, set aside.
2. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the asparagus spears and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat a little sunflower oil over a high heat.
4. Pat the scallops dry with kitchen paper, season with salt and place, flattest side down, in the pan and cook for a minute or so to get a nice golden brown crust. Turn over and reduce to a medium heat. Add the butter followed by the garlic. Cook for a minute or so and then remove the scallops.
5. Season the butter with a fine grating of lemon zest, a squeeze of juice and the marmite.
6. Toss the Jersey Royals, asparagus, parsley and scallops through the butter and serve immediately.
Keep up to date with the latest food features here.