Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 75ml/3fl oz sunflower oil
- 75ml/3fl oz orange-flavoured yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Seville orange marmalade
- 75g/3oz Billington’s Unrefined Muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the ganache
- 175ml/6fl oz double cream
- 175g/6oz plain chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids
- Candied orange peel to decorate
Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, Gas 3. Grease and line a 15cm/6in round or heartshaped, deep cake tin.
For the cake, beat together the oil, yoghurt, marmalade, sugar and eggs. Sift together the dry ingredients and stir into the cake mixture. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave until cold.
Meanwhile make the ganache. Bring the cream to the boil in a pan, add the chocolate and remove from the heat. Stir until smooth then leave to cool for 5 minutes. When cool, whisk the ganache until glossy and starting to thicken. Pour over the cake and spread with a palette knife over the sides. Leave to set.
Decorate with strips of candied orange peel before serving.