Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 150g/5oz cooked potato, cut into chunks
- 250g/9oz fresh watercress, plus sprigs to garnish
- 850ml/11/2pt vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g/5oz spreadable goat’s cheese
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and sauté over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until softened but not browned. Add the potato, watercress and stock, mix well then bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 4 minutes. Blitz with a handheld blender until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Serve hot or cold with a spoonful of spreadable goat’s cheese on top and garnished with sprigs of watercress.