Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 100g/4oz ready-prepared fresh rocket
- 100g/4oz cashew nuts, toasted
- 40g/11⁄2oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 100ml/4fl oz extra-virgin olive oil, plus a little extra
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g/18oz dried linguine pasta
Blitz the rocket, cashew nuts, cheese and 50ml/2fl oz of the oil in a blender until the consistency is like pesto. Add the remaining 50ml/2fl oz oil and blitz again until combined. Season to taste and set aside.
Coil the linguine into a large pan of boiling salted water. Boil for 10-12 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Toss the linguine with a little extra olive oil to prevent sticking, then add the pesto and toss to coat all the pasta strands.
Serve immediately, drizzled with extra olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.
Serve with crushed potatoes and green beans, with a sprig of watercress on the side.