- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 smoked mackerel fillets, weighing 175g/6oz each
- 4 eggs
- 4 muffins, cut in half and toasted
- Sprigs of fresh watercress
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g/4oz Pure Organic, Soya or Sunflower spread, gently melted
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
First make the hollandaise. Whisk together the lemon juice, egg yolks and seasoning until smooth. Set the bowl over a pan of boiling water then pour in the melted Pure in a steady stream, a bit at a time, beating with a wooden spoon to make a creamy sauce. Taste and, if necessary, add a little more lemon juice.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the mackerel fillets and cook for 2 minutes on each side until warmed through.
Meanwhile, poach the eggs.
To serve, place a mackerel fillet to the side on a warm plate, put the toasted muffin alongside and top with a poached egg. Drizzle with hollandaise and garnish with a sprig of watercress.