- 200g/7oz long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g/14oz lean pork, diced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g/7oz frozen peas, steamed
- 1 red chilli, sliced, to garnish
Rinse the rice and place in a saucepan. Add enough boiling water to cover the rice by 2.5cm/1in then cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the pork and pepper slices then stir-fry for 4 minutes.
Add the sesame seeds, five spice powder, soy sauce and maple syrup then stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan, add the egg and stir until cooked, then fold into the rice with the peas.
Toss together and serve in warm bowls, topped with the pork stir-fry and chillies.