Ingredients (Serves 4 as a main course)
For the fishcakes
- 400g/14oz potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 150g/5oz smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Flour for dusting
- Watercress and rocket salad and lime wedges for serving
For the sauce
- 25g/1oz butter or margarine
- 25g/1oz plain flour
- 400ml/14fl oz So Good Fat Free
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked. Drain, mash and season, then stir in the smoked salmon, spring onions, lemon zest and cayenne pepper. Leave to cool slightly.
Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 8 fishcakes. If you have time, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Lightly dust each fishcake in a little flour then fry in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and heated through.
To make the sauce, melt the butter or margarine in a small pan. Add the flour and stir for about 1 minute, then gradually add the So Good Fat Free, stirring constantly. Heat until the sauce starts to simmer, then add the lemon juice, seasoning and chopped herbs.
For a more intense herb flavour, briefly whizz the sauce using a hand-held blender or liquidiser.
Serve the sauce spooned or poured over the fishcakes with the salad on the side and lime wedges for squeezing.