Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500g/1lb 2oz lean minced beef
- 3 tbsp red pesto or sun-dried tomato sauce
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 85g bag ready-prepared watercress
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- 4 burger baps or ciabatta rolls
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- 1 packet Président Brie Slices
Mix together the beef, red pesto or sundried tomato sauce, onion and garlic in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using wetted hands to prevent sticking, divide the mixture into 4 and shape each portion into a burger. Chill for about 20 minutes.
Cook the burgers on the barbecue or in a preheated griddle pan for 6-8 minutes on each side for well done, or to preference.
Meanwhile, toss the watercress in the French dressing. Cut the rolls in half and place on the barbecue to toast.
Lift the cooked burgers onto the toasted bun bases and place 1-2 slices of tomato on top. Crisscross 2 Brie slices over the top and pop under the grill until the cheese is just beginning to melt. Serve with the dressed watercress on the side.