Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the mango chicken
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp hot curry paste
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 chicken thighs
For the lentil salad
- 150g/5oz puy lentils
- 300g/11oz Chantenay carrots
- 6 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed and seeds removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix together the mango chutney, curry paste, oil and lemon juice. Place the chicken in a single layer in a dish, spoon over the marinade, turn to coat and leave for 1-2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, Gas 3. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, basting frequently with the cooking juices. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6 and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the puy lentils in a pan of water and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes. Drain well.
Place the carrots in a roasting tin with 2 tbsp of the oil. Sprinkle over the cumin seeds and roast for 25 minutes.
Mix together the remaining oil, onion, garlic, cardamom pods and lime juice. Stir into the lentils with the roasted carrots, tomatoes and coriander. Season well. Spoon onto plates and perch the chicken on top.