Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 225g/8oz mixed crabmeat
- 100-150g/4-5oz fromage frais
- Half a small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 x 340g block puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 medium tomatoes, skins removed, deseeded and flesh roughly chopped
- 1 small egg, beaten
- Sprigs of fresh parsley and lemon slices to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Mix together the crabmeat, fromage frais, chopped onion and mixed herbs. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry until it measures around 40 x 20cm/16 x 8in, then cut into four equal squares. Divide half the crab mixture between the pastry squares, top with the tomatoes and remaining crab mixture, then fold the pastry over to form a parcel, sealing the edges well. Brush each parcel with beaten egg to glaze, then bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden brown. Serve garnished with a lemon slice and sprig of parsley.