Ingredients (Makes 12)
- 1 small thin baguette, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 100g/4oz Président Goat’s cheese log, rind removed and crumbled
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus 12 small sprigs to garnish
- 1⁄2 red small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
Rub one side of each baguette slice with the cut side of the garlic clove and then brush each with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Arrange on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave to go cold.
Meanwhile, mash the avocado with nearly all of the goat’s cheese, then fold in the remaining extra virgin olive oil and goat’s cheese, lemon juice, basil and onion. Season to taste.
Top each crostini with a mound of the avocado mixture and garnish with a sprig of basil. Arrange on a platter to serve.