Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the gluten-free pastry
- 150g/5oz gluten-free flour
- 50g/2oz gram flour (chickpea flour)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 100g/4oz Pure (any kind)
- 4 tbsp water
For the filling
- 50g/2oz Pure spread (any kind)
- 100g/4oz aubergine,
- cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and in wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g/4oz courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 2.5cm/1in dice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 397g can chopped tomatoes
- 25g/1oz pitted black olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Dressed salad leaves to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
For the pastry, sift the flours and salt together then rub in the Pure until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the water 1 tbsp at a time and mix to a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes in the freezer.
For the filling, melt half of the Pure in a frying pan and cook the aubergine until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining Pure, onion, garlic, courgette, red pepper, thyme and oregano then fry for 5 minutes. Season then stir in the tinned tomatoes, olives and aubergine. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly grease four 7.5cm/3in tartlet tins with Pure. Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 circles and use to line the tins. Prick the pastry lightly with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Fill with the ratatouille mix and divide the cherry tomatoes between the tartlets. Put back in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped parsley and dressed salad leaves.