Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 2 tbsp fat from the roasting tin
- 4 tbsp red wine or brandy
- 1 tbsp flour (or more if you like a thicker gravy)
- 500ml/18fl oz stock or water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the roasting tin on the stove and heat the 2 tbsp fat. Add the wine and boil until reduced to 3 tbsp, scraping up the sediment. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour until there are no more flecks of white. Pour in the stock and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Season to taste, strain, then reheat and serve.