Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1kg/21⁄2 lb cooked tiger prawns
- Lemon wedges to serve (optional)
For the herb mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml/1⁄2 pt olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs, such as basil, chives, chervil, dill, and parsley
To make the herb mayonnaise, put the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper in a food processor and blend briefly until frothy. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through the feed tube to make a thick, glossy sauce. If it becomes too thick, add a little warm water to thin it.
Add the chopped herbs and blend again until the mayonnaise is a vibrant speckled green. Pack into a glass jar or pot and chill in the fridge.
Pile the prawns into a bowl or container and let everyone help themselves. Serve with a pot of herb mayonnaise and lemon wedges, if liked. Remember to take along plenty of napkins, to wipe messy fingers on.