- 1 small cauliflower, divided into small florets
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm/2in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g/1lb large button mushrooms, wiped and halved
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 300ml/11fl oz natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mango chutney (optional)
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, plunge in the cauliflower and simmer for a few minutes until tender. Drain.
Shred the spring onions and place in a blender or small food processor with the garlic and ginger. Add 4-5 tbsp water and blend to a smooth purée.
Heat half the oil in a frying pan until smoking, add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes until they begin to colour. Tip them into a bowl, wipe the pan clean and return it to the heat. Pour the remaining oil into the pan, add the blended purée and stir over a medium heat until it begins to lightly colour. Add the tomato purée, ground coriander, salt and chilli powder and continue to fry for a few minutes before adding the yoghurt.
Bring to a simmer, top up with 300ml/11fl oz water, add the mango chutney, if using, and whisk to blend and emulsify the three together. After 5 minutes, add the cauliflower and mushrooms and gently simmer for 10 minutes more.
Stir in the coriander and the curry is ready to serve.