- 700g/1½lb new potatoes, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 trout, gutted, rinsed and patted dry
- Handful fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- 50g/2oz bacon lardons
- 1 small tub crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
- French beans and broccoli to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6. Place the potatoes in one layer in a nonstick roasting tin, sprinkle with the garlic and onion, drizzle over 3 tbsp of the oil and season and bake for 15 minutes.
Season the inside of the trout, stuff with 2-3 sprigs of rosemary and lemon slices. Rub with the remaining oil and season. Add the trout to the roasting tin, top with the bacon, sprinkle with the remaining rosemary and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
Simmer the crème fraîche to reduce by half, then stir in the horseradish. Serve the fish and potatoes with the warm sauce in a bowl on the side, with steamed French beans and broccoli.