- 125g/4¼oz dried pasta bows
- 125g/4½oz smoked trout, broken in pieces
- 300g/11oz small broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 50g/2oz butter, melted
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 600ml/1pt milk
- 150g/5oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. When cooked, drain and divide between 4 small ovenproof dishes along with the trout pieces, broccoli and spring onion.
Mix the melted butter with the flour. Return to a low heat and stir for 1 minute, then add the milk and whisk with a balloon whisk. Simmer, while continuing to whisk, until the mixture thickens and becomes a smooth sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in most of the grated cheese plus the mustard. Season lightly and pour over the pasta and smoked trout mix.
Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and remaining cheese then bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.