For the lamb
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small bunch fresh thyme, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 800g/1¾lb diced meat from a leg of lamb
For crushed peas
- 200g/7oz fresh peas, shelled and cooked
- Small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the tzatziki
- 150g/5oz Greek yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small bunch fresh mint, shredded
- 4 warmed pitta breads
- 1 lemon, cut into 4
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Mix the oil, thyme, lemon and seasoning. Stir in the lamb and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
For the crushed peas whizz the peas, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil for 30 seconds. Set aside.
For the tzatziki, mix together the yoghurt, cucumber and mint then season and set aside.
Preheat a griddle pan. Thread the lamb onto 4 presoaked wooden skewers and griddle for 3 minutes each side.
Serve with the crushed peas, tzatziki, warm pitta and lemon wedges and sprinkled with the chopped chilli.