- 225g (8oz) Thai Taste Rice Noodles
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Tamarind Paste
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- 5 tbsp Thai Taste Noodle Sauce, Pad Thai
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Bran Oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 150g baby corn, halved
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 200g (7oz) bean sprouts
For the garnish
- 2 tbsp blanched peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 4 lime wedges
Place the noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water, making sure they're totally submerged and soak for 15 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
Whisk together the tamarind paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and noodle sauce in a bowl.
Heat a wok over high heat, then add the oil and swirl around. Add the garlic, chilli and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the carrots, pepper and baby corn and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Push the ingredients to the side of the wok and add the egg. Cook, stirring continuously until the egg begins to set. Add the bean sprouts and noodles.
Pour over the noodle sauce mixture. Toss everything together and heat through.
Mix in half the garnish and stir. Serve immediately in hot bowls with the rest of the garnish to sprinkle over the top and a lime wedge