Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 large cucumber, cut lengthways into strips with a peeler, ideally avoiding the seeds
- 500g (1lb 2oz) strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 4 big handfuls of watercress leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 handful of torn mint leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
Arrange the cucumber, strawberries and watercress on a large serving plate.
Mix together the vinegar and sugar and sprinkle over the salad, then scatter the mint leaves over the top.
Add a slpash of oil and season well, being particularly generous with the black pepper.