- 200g Brussels sprouts trimmed & sliced
- 500g Chopin potatoes cooked & crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g plain flour
- 100g finely ground breadcrumbs seasoned
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch of coriander chopped
- 1tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 shallot finely sliced
1. Drop the sprouts into boiling water and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh with cold water. Combine with the potato, mashing them together with a fork. Season well and form the mixture into 12 croquettes.
2. Place the egg in a bowl, the flour on a plate and the breadcrumbs on a second plate. Dip each croquette into the flour first, to coat, then the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs. Make sure each is fully covered. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours
3. To make the dip combine the tomatoes, coriander, Worcester sauce and shallot, season and set aside.
4. Pour the oil into a large, deep frying pan, to a depth of about 4cm, and place over a medium-high heat. Fry the croquettes until golden all over for a total of 5 minutes – you may need to do this in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately with the dip