Dish type: Dessert
100g Double cream
50g Icing sugar
A few drops ofVanilla essence
500g frozen Forest berries
A glug of Creme de cassis
Juice of Half a Lemon
1. Mix all the cream heart ingredients (mascarpone, cream, vanilla, icing sugar) together by whipping gently (not overmuch as mascarpone easily turns to butter).
2. Dampen the cheese cloth and line your dish with it, pressing the cloth into the corners of the heart.
3. Scoop the mixture into the cheese cloth lined dish and smooth the top. Give the mould a little bang on the worktop. Place on a saucer in the fridge to drain for a few hours.
4. Warm up the berries with the sugar, lemon juice and creme de cassis until they are bubbling hot.
5. Let it cool to lukewarm. Grab the cream heart, unmould it carefully, gently peeling off the cheesecloth, flip it over onto the dish. Surround the heart with warm berries. Serve.