6 large fondants;
400g caster sugar
4 egg yolks
400g plain flour
A little extra butter and flour (60g each) to lubricate the mould
100ml strawberry coulis
10 sprigs of mint
1) Take your moulds (heart-shaped or round) and brush inside with the extra butter so that it is completely covered, pour in the flour and roll around the mould, gently tap out the excess flour, leaving you with a non-stick mould.
2) Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
3) Melt your chocolate and butter in a bowl over boiling water.
4) Meanwhile whisk the eggs and sugar together in another bowl until frothy.
5) Sieve the flour into the eggs and gently stir in.
6) Whilst stirring add the melted chocolate to the egg mix.
7) Pour the mix into your moulds to about ¾ of the way, place onto an oven tray, and into the oven.
8) Cook for 10 – 12 mins and turn out straight onto a plate.
9) Wash and slice your strawberries, mix in a bowl with the coulis and the mint and serve alongside the fondants and some vanilla ice cream.