• 100g CHOC Chick organic cacao powder
• 6 tbsp CHOC Chick organic cacao butter
• 3-4 tsp Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup ( to taste)
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper chili powder (taste and add a little more if required)
• ½ tsp vanilla bean extract
• Heat-proof bowl sitting over a pan of water (Bain Marie)
• Metal balloon whisk
1. Melt the cacao butter gently in a bowl over a pan of water on a low heat.
2. Once the cacao butter has melted add 6 tbsp cacao powder and sweeten with 3-4 tbsp your sweetener or choice (Sweet Freedom, agave syrup, honey or maple syrup) and add the vanilla and cayenne pepper.
3. Maintain on a low heat and mix well with a metal balloon whisk. Make sure to taste the mix and add some more sweetener and cayenne pepper if required.
4. Remove from heat and carefully spoon the warm runny cocoa mixture into heart shaped ice cube trays or the mini baking cases
5. Place the mould or mini cases in the freezer for 20 minutes to set and enjoy lovely and cold straight from the freezer, but beware the spicy surprise!
Best enjoyed with coffee or more CHOCtinis!