Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 8 minutes / Serves 4
Approximate cost per portion: £0.56p
Calories per serving 357 / Fat per serving 28g
• 75g (3oz) Kerrygold butter, now softer plus extra for greasing
• 100g (4oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 whole eggs
• 45g (1 1/2oz) dark brown sugar
• 45ml (3 tbsp) Irish stout
• 45g (1 1/2oz) plain flour
• Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Use a little Kerrygold butter, now softer to grease 4 individual pudding basins or large ramekin dishes.
2. Put the Kerrygold butter and chocolate into a large heatproof bowl, then sit the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water until the butter and chocolate melt, stirring occasionally. Take care that the mixture doesn’t become too hot.
3. Remove the bowl from the pan and whisk in the egg yolks. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, sugar and Irish stout in a large bowl using a hand-held electric mixer on high speed for 4-5 minutes, until very light and thick. Sift in the flour and fold it in gently using a large metal spoon. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and fold in.
5. Share between the pudding basins or ramekins so that they are ¾ full. Chill for about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Bake the puddings for 7-8 minutes.
7. Run a knife around the rims to loosen the puddings, then carefully turn out onto serving plates. Serve, dusted with icing sugar.
Top tip: Why not try cooking this recipe with Kerrygold Lighter block butter and save 3.5g fat/30 calories per portion.