4 8oz ribeye steaks
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
Small bunch of thyme
1/2 head of garlic
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tbsp green jar peppercorns
200ml beef stock
Small bunch tarragon leaves, chopped
1. Take 1 tbsp olive oil and sweat the shallot and garlic with the peppercorns. Cook for a few minutes, then add the brandy. Flambé the brandy and reduce by half. Season with salt and some ground black pepper, then add the beef stock and leave to reduce on a medium heat.
2. Now place a griddle pan on the stove. Take the steaks on a tray, season heavily with salt and pepper and pour on 2tbsp olive oil, rub the seasoning into the steaks.
3. Add the cream to the peppercorn sauce and leave to reduce until thick.
4. Place the steaks in the griddle pan, leave for 2-3 minutes on one side to colour. Then turn and leave for a further 3 minutes, then take the sprigs of thyme and 1/2 head of garlic and place on the steaks to infuse and then remove from the heat and rest for a few minutes.
5. To finish the sauce add the tarragon and taste for seasoning, then to plate up serve the steaks with the own juices and the peppercorn sauce in a pot on the side.