125g (4oz) butter or margarine
55g (2oz) caster sugar
180g (6oz) plain flour – sieved
200g milk chocolate
250g Renshaw Jet Black Ready to Roll Icing
Red piping icing
1. Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar until smooth then gradually stir in the flour to form a smooth paste.
3. Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the shortbread to 1cm thickness on a work surface lightly dusted with flour.
5. Using a crown shaped cutter (or cut around a crown shaped template) cut out the shortbread crowns and place on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
1. Melt the chocolate over a bowl of boiling water.
2. Dip the shortbread corgi biscuit’s feet and nose into the chocolate and leave to set on greaseproof paper.
3. Pipe a red line of red piping icing onto each biscuit to create a collar and decorate with gold dragees.
4. Roll two small balls of Renshaw Jet Black Ready to Roll Icing for an eye and a nose and position onto each biscuit.
See renshawbaking.com for more recipes