Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
1 bunch beetroot, trimmed and cut into wedges (450g)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 pink grapefruit
1 bag Watercress, Rocket & Spinach salad, approx. 100g (140g)
50g walnut pieces, toasted
2 x 100g packs Capricorn Goat’s cheese, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
2. Place the beetroot on a baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp each oil and vinegar, season and roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
3. Meanwhile, segment the grapefruit by removing all the pith, saving any juice. Whisk the juice with the remaining oil and vinegar, season.
4. Toss the Watercress, Rocket and Spinach salad with the beetroot, grapefruit segments and walnuts. Toss in the dressing.
5. Place the cheese, cut side up under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes until golden and place on top of the salad to serve.
Cook's tip: Try grilling Halloumi cheese instead of goat’s cheese for variation.
See makemoreofsalad.com for more recipes