Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
• 2 large white potatoes
• 2 tsp of Grace Jerk Seasoning
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 450 grams prawns - peeled and deveined
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely
• 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
• 3 tbsps butter
• 2 tsps ground coriander
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsps white cane vinegar
• 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 1 cup (250ml) Grace coconut milk
• 1 lime
• 20 coriander leaves
To Make Rosti
1. Peel and grate potato.
2. Spread grated potato onto a clean tea towel. Gather up tea towel and squeeze, to remove some but not all the water from the potato.
3. Open tea towel and season potato with Grace Jerk Seasoning.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat.
5. Take marble size portions of potato mix and squeeze gently together. Place potato ball in pan and pat down to form disc.
6. Gently fry, until golden brown on edges. Turn over and repeat. 7. Once cooked remove, and keep warm.
To Make Prawns
1. Heat butter in a heavy saucepan, add onion and garlic, stir gently until soft.
2. Mix spices and seasoning to a paste with vinegar and tomato ketchup.
3. Add mixture to the pan and fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Stir in Grace coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes. Add prawns and allow to cook in sauce for 5 minutes.
Take each rosti and top with one single prawn, coat with a little of the sauce, a squeeze of lime and top with fresh coriander leaf.
This dish can be eaten warm or cold.